SMS Campaign Registration
Use Case Guide for 10DLC
Brand and Campaign Carrier Registration
AT&T | AT&T requires Campaigns to be registered for each of the Brands with throughput restrictions based on the Campaign type and the use case. The Class assigned to a Campaign will place different surcharges with lower surcharges on a single-use case.
T-Mobile | T-Mobile has a daily allocation for throughput to the Brand. Allowance can be shared across all campaigns when a brand contains multiple Campaigns. T-Mobile holds single flat rates for surcharges.
What are Use-Cases?
The Use-Case describes the specific purpose of the Campaign.
What are Standard Campaign Types?
Standard Use-Cases are generally available to TCR-registered Brands, meaning that approval for a Campaign will most probably not require pre- or post-registration approval from the MNOs.
What are Special Campaign Types?
Special Use-Cases are sensitive or critical in nature and, as a result, may require pre- or post-registration approval by the MNOs. Vetting or MNO approval may be required before a Brand can register Special Use-Case Campaigns.
Standard Use Cases
- 2FA - Any two-factor authentication, verification, or one-time passcode
- Account Notifications - Standard notifications for account holders, relating to and being about a user’s account
- Customer Care - All customer care interactions, including but not limited to account management and
- Delivery Notifications - Notification about the status of the delivery of a product or service
- Fraud Alert Messaging - Notifications regarding potential fraudulent activity on a user’s account
- Higher Education - Messaging created on behalf of Colleges or Universities, including School Districts and education institutions. This use case is NOT for the “free to the consumer” messaging model
- Low Volume Mixed - For Brands that have multiple use cases and only need very low messaging throughput. Examples include test or demo accounts, small businesses
- Marketing - Any communication that includes marketing and/or promotional content
- Mixed - Any messaging campaign containing 2 to 5 standard uses cases
- Polling and Voting - The sending of surveys and polling/voting campaigns for non-political arenas
- Public Service Announcement - Informational messaging to raise an audience’s awareness about important issues
- Security Alert - A notification that the security of a system, either software or hardware, has been compromised in some way and there is an action you need to take
Specialty Use Cases
Please note that Specialty use cases require further authorization and processing time for approval.
- Carrier Exemptions - Exemption by Carrier
- Charity - Communications from a registered charity aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need. Includes: 5013C Charity
- Proxy - Peer-to-peer app-based group messaging with proxy/pooled numbers. Supporting personalized services and non-exposure of personal numbers for enterprise or A2P communications
- Emergency - Notification services are designed to support public safety/health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics, and other national or regional emergencies
- K-12 Education - Campaigns created for messaging platforms that support schools from grades K - 12, and distance learning centers. This is not for Post-Secondary schools. This use case requires MNO approval
- Sweepstakes - All sweepstakes messaging
- Political - Part of an organized effort to influence the decision-making of a specific group. Available only to registered 501(c)(4) and 527 Orgs
- Social - Communication between public figures/influencers and their communities. Examples include YouTube Influencers’ alerts or Celebrity alerts
- Platform Free Trial - CSP “Free Trial” Offers for non-paying customers, require a separate contract
- Agents and Franchises - Brands that have multiple agents, franchises, or offices in the same brand vertical, but require individual localized numbers per agent/location/office
- Sole Proprietor - Limited to entities without an EIN / Tax ID, requires a separate contract
To receive a higher throughput, you must ensure all Brand information is accurate and doesn't include out-of-date or misspelled data. Additionally, you can pay for additional vetting, however, there is no guarantee that a higher tier will be established.
AT&T and T-Mobile Specifications
|AT&T Messages Per Minute (MPM)
|A & B
|C & D
|Large Business (Vetting required to move from E & F to a higher class)
|E & F
|Very Small Business/ Sole Proprietor
|Not Tagged/ No Class
|Untagged traffic after the grace period
|Treated at P2P throughput rates and SPAM filters
|Agents, Franchises, Banks
|Charity (Nonprofit 501(c)(3))
|Social Media Platform
|Govt Emergency/ Public Safety
*Platform must obtain "double opt-in" consent from customers and Carrier Approval is required.
T-Mobile Daily Brand Limits
|Risk Score Qualification
|Bucket Range Maximum*
|High 3rd Party
*Daily Bucket Maximums are inclusive of T-Mobile, Sprint, and their MVNO’s.